Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Not Much Longer Now

So I only have eight more days until I can indulge myself in the horror-show-sadness which is Facebook once again.

I don't know why I enjoy it so much.

Actually...yeah I do know.

I really like the instant-gratification 'thing' you get from Facebook (and I guess other types of social media, though you'll never even be able to pay me to get on Twitter).

I rather miss posting my stupid pictures about the amazing food I cook. And the pictures of silly nights on the porch, which, I must say, have been sadly lame as of late because of friends' work schedules and other life-things interrupting my social gatherings.

Jason wanted me to have something to show for the 31 days I wasn't on Facebook. All I've got to show for it are four poems and maybe a lot less social-media-induced depression.

I have missed being nosy as hell and reading about other peoples' lives.

I'm really not that exciting a person when it comes right down to it. But to be honest, are any of us? I'll be the first to admit that I get a lot of pleasure from my social media, but I will also acknowledge the irritation and frustration that I also experience because of it.

And, as I've noticed, it really REALLY cut into my sleeping time. I've been going to bed between 9-10pm every single weekday night since I went on FB hiatus. I guess that's a plus. Right?

whatever. Maybe I'll write some more before Wednesday the 21st. Maybe not. It's never been something I forced and I'm certainly not going to start now. The muse will come when she feels like it. Bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment